“Cleaning for Dummies” books tell you to keep your pets away from where you sleep, eat, and prepare food. We say, “Good luck with that!” Below are some tips for cleaning up after you snuggle up with your pet to stay healthy and safe. You can also visit our website for more expert tips and information.
- Launder pet bedding at least once per week.
- Wash or wipe down sleeping crates regularly. Be sure to rinse completely and wipe them dry.
- Wash your pets’ food and drink dishes once per day to avoid crusty build-up that can lead to the growth of bacteria.
- Vacuum or dust furry floors at least once per week. When you can see the paw prints, it’s time to mop up hard wood and deep clean the carpets.
- Wipe up accidents as soon as possible.
What cleaning products to keep on hand (because you never know when you’re going to need them):
- Wipes that are safe for wood, tile, and other hard surfaces
- Stain remover
- Odor remover
- Disinfectant spray
- Mild soap
When you clean, keep your pets in another room or outside so they don’t accidentally get into the products or get too playful with your broom, bucket or trash can!
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK (0)