Every Kid Healthy™ Week, April 25-29, 2022, is an annual observance to celebrate school health and wellness achievements. It’s an opportunity to shine a spotlight on the great actions schools and families are taking to improve the health and wellness of their kids and the link between nutrition, physical activity, mental health and learning – because healthy kids are better prepared to learn and thrive!
Part of being healthy is keeping your hands clean. It’s one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others.
Tips for how to properly wash your hands:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold) and apply soap.
- Rub your hands together to make a lather and scrub them well; be sure to scrub the backs of your hands, between your fingers and under your nails.
- Continue rubbing your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Want to make it more fun? Check out the Healthy People, Healthy Schools interactive games for how and when to wash your hands!
Get more information on how to wash your hands.